• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo/Michigan L90 wheel loader

joseph donovan

Hello all,
I am having trouble finding out what type of transmission fluid this old loader uses. This loader sleeps more than it is awake . Tried moving her around and get ready for the snow season . It was fine in rev. slow to shift into forward gears, check the dipstick nothing there. We do not have any info on this loader. The fluid feels, looks and smells like light weight AW gear lube . I just have no clue what weight. If anyone can help , that would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
Joe D

joseph donovan

I was thinking the same , but the fluid on the dipstick did not look or smell like 15w40. This was far lighter in viscosity,( dead cold machine) and far lighter in color with no smell like 15w40.I don,t want to mix fluids and burn out the clutch pack with the wrong fluid.
Joe D