• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo Loaders without cabs.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
I've Been looking at Volvo L70's on Machinery tader and noticed that you guy's in the US have some without cabs!

Now being from Ireland I've never seen one without a cab (we kind of need them here with the rain) and i was wondering what way the electronics work in them i.e do they have the same as machines with cabs do?

In one of the pictures you can see the back panel of the cab ( where the electronis gear goes) sems to be bare!! Do they have any ECU's or are they a more basic model/

Just intrested to here from any one who is familar with this set-up!

Many thanks CPS

l50c cab.jpg

l50c.jpg

l70c.jpg

l70d.jpg

Europa202

Everything in this model is the same as in the standard FOPS model. The ECU is located behind the dash. Volvo produced a few of these when the "E" series launched. In the "E" series all of the electrical operations were the same and the ECUs were located on the back of the cab. They weren't bad units but the shifters never lasted more than about 5,000hrs.