• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L90F aftermarket plumbing for a quick coupler

Langslawn

I recently got a good deal on an L90F that moved cars around a salvage yard it’s entire life. The salvage yard never had a bucket on the unit just a set of “car forks”. I found a quick coupler and bucket for it to switch from pin-on to hydraulic. Is there an aftermarket or Volvo kit for the electrical and plumbing? I looked at units with quick couplers and saw long hoses run up the arms then into the frame. It doesn’t have the 3rd valve either or I would plumb into that and use a shutoff. Any advice or help I’d appreciated greatly.

Volvomad

Bought a S/H L90e and it had the valve and I think was wired but had no switch or QC. Plumbed a H with a rexroth valve similar to what volvo use but way cheaper.

Langslawn

Volvomad-So it actually had the valve portion installed and of course no plumbing? I would need to connect the wiring and switch and add hoses? Or was it the 3rd valve that was installed with no lever or hoses? Either would be great!!

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
So there is a kit that Volvo does, basically if you wanted to retro fit an attachment bracket ( like you do) it's all the pipes valves and switches etc to do it, I can't find an availability date, so it may take a while for them to compile the necessary parts. you're looking at the thick end of £2.5k though.

Langslawn

Great to know. I think I’d be better invest in a 3rd valve and a shutoff for both sides. At least then I’d be improving the machine for a grapple or whatever. Thanks a ton for your help.

Volvomad

The H had nothing for the Q C or third service so I plumbed and wired it from scratch for around 300 euro plus time. That was 2 years ago. Everything has gazumped in price since. The E had a wired valve piped down to the boom crossmember and blanked there. Cant remember if it had the switch or not but unfortunately I had to shell out for a fuse.

Volvomad

A third valve might be much better value for money if you had use for it. Older volvos just had quick couplers plugged into the third service. You just let them plugged in unless u are using the third service.