• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo l70c hot oil

SMR

Hi have a problem with an l70c heating the hyd oil. When the loader is idling the hydraulics are under load, whilst idling if you pull a lever and the loader starts to move the engine actually revs up like the load is coming off the engine. None of the spools are sticking. Are they a closed centre system and the pump isint unloading or do i have a problem with a return?

Volvomad

There can be other reasons but one of the pumps may have broken cradle bearings . It has happened me more than once . The brake charging circuit is the most likely problem though . Does it start loading the engine on start up ? There is also a switch to momentarly increase Q H pressure on the left side of the dash which could be jammed or faulty .

SMR

Thanks for your reply. It was the brake charging circuit because when I power that solenoid it unloads. Have powered it temporarily until we can bring it into the workshop to go through it. what usually goes the accumulator?

Volvomad

More likely electrical . There is an adjustable pressure switch on the brake accumulator block . The DIN plug gets corroded or it might be the switch it self .