• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L150E transmission issues

douglas70634

I have a volvo loader with some trans issues it was throwing a shift solenoid code. When this loader was purchased when it reached operating temp would not shift. I changed 2 shift solenoids problem improved then would not shift in 3rd or reverse. I then changed the solenoids for 3rd and reverse the loader will not even go in gear now but is now throwing a slipping clutches code. The machine is not throwing a shift solenoid code since i have changed 4 of the 6 shift solenoids but will no longer go in any gear can anyone help me out?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
On the right of the dash is a rotary switch APS. Place it in man or wrench symbol. Now you have manual control of the trans. Whatever gear you put it in us where it will be. So if you choose fwd 4 you're in 4th gear forward bypassing 2nd and 3rd. The default start gear in fwd and rev is 2nd . You have to hit kickdown or preselect 1st to ever use 1st. One gear or multiple gears will error "slippage" if you've crossed a pigtail.

BigWrench55

What does the oil look like or smell like? What are your clutch pressures?
You could have a problem with the speed sensors and wiring. You may have to run a calibration.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
No calibration on an E model. If you clean the connectors up at the metal mounting plate, they are each marked SA- SE . Those markings will correspond with the cast identification in the shift valve. I hope this helps.

douglas70634

Ok I replaced whole harness for transmission and replaced trans pressure sensor still having same issue. Transmission fluid looks good I even split old transmission filter and checked internals no metal and fluid does not smell burnt any other suggestions? Thanks for al the input

douglas70634

What puzzles me is that when I first got this loader it would shift until it got warm then it would stop and throw a shift solenoid code but after changing the solenoids it won’t shift at all and throw a different code for transmission clutch slip.