• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L120F Warning Brake Sys Failure

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
BTW, Paul was onto something when he asked about the quick attach bracket for the bucket. Not whether it was a clam or grapple. So to simplify things, is your bucket pinned to your frame or is it on an attachment carrier. I don't have the schematics in front of me, but the diff-loc and quick attach solenoid valve are also components that could cause a leak to tank.

RMadilla

Occupation
US Air Force Vehicle Mechanic
BTW, Paul was onto something when he asked about the quick attach bracket for the bucket. Not whether it was a clam or grapple. So to simplify things, is your bucket pinned to your frame or is it on an attachment carrier. I don't have the schematics in front of me, but the diff-loc and quick attach solenoid valve are also components that could cause a leak to tank.

FWF,

I've got good news I think. I mean we are making progress. But with that line disconnected and capped from the T-Fitting my pressure shot up to 2240PSI, but also with that line capped the accumulator pressure seems to leak down a lot faster. So I think I'm leaning back to it being that check valve into the accumulator block you mentioned. I'm assuming that the line going to the hydraulic park brake was more/less helping to keep the pressure from dropping faster than it actually being the root of the problem.

Also, it is a attachment carrier after looking closer at it. From first glance it looked like it was only pinned, but it does have the hydraulic attachment lock tucked away under the bucket. I'm gonna double check these lines though and fittings going to the quick attachment. Lines look like they've been wet before and collected a lot of dirt or they are still leaking. Its hard to tell sometimes out here in the desert.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
You're not there yet. We need you to check max brake charging. That may be higher than 2400 now, bring that pressure back down. Replace the check valve, and the park brake solenoid valve. I will try to get you part numbers .
Are you losing hydraulic oil or is your transmission fluid gaining oil. Just something we have to look at.

Last edited:

RMadilla

Occupation
View attachment 226641 View attachment 226641 View attachment 226642
Get yourself the non return valve and gasket. Then the park brake solenoid valve. Pay attention to the serial brake.

FWF,

Appreciate the help big time! Just FYI I have the parts manual for this thing, so you don't have to waste time looking for them. On a side note, its takes about 2 weeks, maybe more, to get parts out to where I'm at. So after this you probably wont be hearing from me until then. I will keep you updated as soon as that happens!!

V/r,
Joshua

RMadilla

Occupation
You're not there yet. We need you to check max brake charging. That may be higher than 2400 now, bring that pressure back down. Replace the check valve, and the park brake solenoid valve. I will try to get you part numbers .
Are you losing hydraulic oil or is your transmission fluid gaining oil. Just something we have to look at.

No loss in hydraulic oil/ no gain in transmission. I'm assuming your asking because of possible leak by into either system.