• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L110H

JPSR

Hi all got a people with machine I’ve got no/limited fan, basically I’ve got 200-300rpm fan speed which isn’t enough anyway but then hit the brakes 2 or 3 times fan completely stops? Could this be a priority valve issue just always prioritising brakes? The system has 160bar pressure and press the brakes it holds pressure at 100bar

Thanks in advance

8V71

After brake system changes to 160bar shut machine down view brake pressure in monitor or gauge key on engine off press brakes fully then release if you can only get 1or2 brake applications before it drops below brake change cut in pressure you may have a failed brake accumulator. Very common on that machine. Constant brake system charging demands all the P3 flow and deprives flow to fan motor. It could be several other things but accumulator test is where I always started.