• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo ew145b hard starting

Hi goodday all!
I am working on a Volvo excavator ew145b which was showing code 128 sid 22 3 I changed the speed sensor alongside the flywheel and cam sensor also.
Now it does not have any fault code but machine has hard starting and when I removed the flywheel sensor in running machine engine stopped.
What may be the possible cause.
Any help will be appreciated!

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Check the wiring to the crank sensor. Sometimes it gets rubbed through on the tin guard above the fuel lines. I've had injector harness get rubbed up there as well. If you're wanting to get "deep in the weeds" you could trace the circuit back to the ECU. I'll see if I can rustle up the schematic. EWs are kinda unique.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Please see attached. I've heard of discrepancy between EW schematics and those for the crawlers. I've attached both for comparison. Please let us know how you make out. Good luck

Attachments

• EC210C engine sensors.pdf
    885.8 KB · Views: 10
  • EW145B engine sensors.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Unfortunately Volvo is very proud of their service literature and online information is pieced out "as needed." If you need something, post up. Myself or one of the other fellas with Volvo knowledge will step up and lend a hand as best we can.