• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC700 in PA

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I've seen photos of Volvo's big excavator in Europe, and the one that MCM in MI, had for a year or so, but other than that I haven't really seen or heard much about the 700's since they came out. espcially in the states.:beatsme

A buddy of mine works for Kozik Brothers, Inc in Western PA and was saying they have one on the job he's on somewhere north of Pittsburgh. I know a few of the forum members are from that way and didn't know if any of you have seen it.

From what I hear it's got a 7 yard bucket and is loading A40's in 4 passes.

rino1494

In my area, I heard that Popple Construction has a Volvo 700 working somewhere, not sure where though.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I've been passing a job of Kozik's from time to time, and noticed their Volvo equipment, but never had time to really look at what's there. Next time past, I'll try to take the time to stop. The job I'm thinking of is on Freedom Road in Cranberry, right near where it crosses the PA Turnpike.

JimBruce42, why haven't you recruited your buddy to join us? :)

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
A buddy of mine that works for North American Site Developers was running one that C.N. Wood gave them till their PC800 came in.

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
popple is doing some work down in the lehigh valley right now, ill have to ask my one union buddy if hes seen it or has herd anything about it, hes working with them right now on a job in allentown running a crane, and they have some other work going down 309 towards philly

JDOFMEMI

I had one on a job for about 6 months or so. It was the second machine(I think) on the West coast. It performed well, and had no major issues in a little over 1000 hrs of heavy use. Had a 7cy bucket on it loading A-35C's in 3 passes. It was strong, smooth, and pretty well balanced. It steadily burned about 4 gal per hr less fuel than our 375 Cat. I would have liked to keep it, but the local Volvo dealer support is not as good as Cat, so at the end of the job, we let it go back.
As far as the machine goes, I think it is a winner.

I was going to post some pics of it working, but can't get in to my photobucket account for some reason.
Will try later:Banghead

JDOFMEMI

I'll try for pictures now

Attachments

• 100_1884.jpg
    100_1884.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3,590
  • 100_1732.jpg
    100_1732.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3,349
  • 11-15-06various032.jpg
    11-15-06various032.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,017

Dickie

They're running a newish one at the mine I'm at now; I'll try to grab some snaps this weekend and post'em. It was the prime loader for a fleet of A35s but it's not doing too much right now.

Occupation
Student
they are also a rumor about big volvo exacavtor:volvo probably test in Europe a prototype of a volvo ec800.Volvo will probably produce in 2008 or before a 80-tons excavator.