• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC55 Starting Badly

oilydan

...But at least it starts!

The battery is showing full charge but is behaving like it is flat; it has trouble turning over after being left overnight or longer.

I put it on a fast charger and it will turn once and then appear dead again. Clicking solenoids and a half turn or so.

Will do this 3-4 times (charge and try, charge and try, maybe even 2-3 cycles of the fast charger 90 second boost) then will fire into life.

After being run for a few hours it will turn off over lunch or a few hours and then start easily.

I bought a new battery and the problem still exists, I have also jumped from the battery earth direct to the engine earth strap. Still acts like a flat battery.

Any ideas? Appreciate any assistance with this.