• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC290B Hydraulics

johntims

Occupation
Service manager
I am looking for the relief pressure specs for a Volvo EC290B excavator. I need to do a hydraulic tune up on it but I don't have a service manual. Does anyone know the specs of have a manual?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Johntims
The standard level of the main relief is 320 bars 4550 p.s.i Boost level 350 bars 5000 p.s.i.if you need adjustment details you can find these at excatech.com.
Kind regards
Uffex

tctractors

Dont forget the Pilot pressure is the first place you test, if this is poor the rest of the system is under working, the Nitrogen accumulator helps things run well also on this Volvo its the Bosch Hydac unit, it should be charged to max 90% of pilot pressure, before you get tangled in test points it might be worth giving the engine a visit, the overhead set of the valves and a fuel pressure test on the belt driven fuel pump is a worth while effort, then move on to the intercooler and pipe work.

tctractors

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day johntims
Real sorry you have a "B" and not the "C" which you can check the pressures on the display. A word of caution Volvo main relief valves are pilot operated this means they do not self adjust (once set they should remain serviceable) We have been involved with many excavator pressure adjustments and in real terms an operator cannot detect a 10-15bar difference only when lifting heavy loads. The previous advice from tctarctors in relevant the servo or pilot pressure can have an adverse effect on spool movement. This gear wheel pump is much more subject to wear.
Kind regards
Uffex