• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC25 bucket quick attach questions

ESDE

Occupation
self employed due to low boredom threshold
I've just purchased a 2006 Volvo EC25 that has not seen much maintenance for the last few years. It's ok, as I got it for a very good price knowing that I'd have some shop work ahead of me. One issue, is that everything form the stick to the bucket is incredibly loose. The 2 links, the H link, the bucket quick attach, and the bucket fit to the quick attach are all beat, so first thing after a power wash I pulled it all apart. The pins are new and there bushings in the stick are tight. The H link bushings are shot and its been broken and welded, so I've sourced a replacement. The two links are loose, I'll replace those as well. The bucket quick attach is unknown, and I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. It's what I've always heard called a Wain Roy style attachment, and it came with three CP buckets. The quick attach itself is whooped; all four holes egged out, and the hook that grabs the bucket has a 1/4" play on each side, and the hook is worn to where theres a 1/4-3/8" gap between it and the bucket. Now I know it can be welded, bored for the pins, and built up with weld/ground to fit the buckets again.. but it's enough work that I'd consider a new attach if I could find it. I contacted Paladin, that owns CP buckets, and they were pretty sure it wasn't their part. ( they also didn't seem very knowledgeable about what they might have made in the past) Does anyone know who else makes/ made this style with a 35mm pin? If I could find one, it'd save me a ton of welding.
The machine has a few other quirks/ problems that I may post about if I can't figure them out, but this is the biggest issue.
SD

Attachments

• IMG_5409.JPG
    IMG_5409.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5435.JPG
    IMG_5435.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5436.JPG
    IMG_5436.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5437.JPG
    IMG_5437.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 31

ESDE

Occupation
self employed due to low boredom threshold
IMG_5480.JPG I did finally have success getting someone at CP to help and find me a part number... which was well over $1000. So, I've decided to fix this for now. I did mig weld up the loose pin holes, and rigged a mag drill to bore it back out. Not elegant, or pretty, but it's getting the job done. I have an extension, so after drilling the first hole, I can drill through it, to be sure the second hold is lined up. So far so good

Attachments

• IMG_5481.JPG
    IMG_5481.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5482.JPG
    IMG_5482.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 18