• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

VOLVO EC210B Starting Problem

ejuan

Hy guys, hope you are doing good. I´m having problems with a Volvo EC210B, for some reason machine is not starting right when you put the starting switch in the ON or START position. Actually is is not even lightning the display. After a while that you leave the starting switch in the ON position it will iluminate the display and start. It used to take about 30 min to start, but now it is taking up to 2 hours to start. The electrical system has been checked (fuses, relays). It will start again once again if you dont leave it off for more than 30 minutes.

Remember it is not lightning the display so it is not a NO start only problem.

Any idea where the problem might be?

Thanks.

Juan

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Juan
Have you tried the ECU by-pass. I believe on the left side of the cabin arm pod (at the back) you will find a small plastic cover. Beneath the cover you will find at least a couple of switch's.
One will be marked auto - manual select manual, the other will have three positions Idle =default - select back = engine racing speed - sprung position is engine kill. Try this it will by-pass a couple of the ECU components and come back to us if you have no resolve.
Kind regards
Uffex

nixs

Sounds like a good idea to test the manual setting. Did you get any errors about computer network in the machine earlier or some other failure codes?

ejuan

Hy guys... I went my self today to the jobsite to check the problem. It was the battery relay wich was getting stuck in on or off position. We replaced it with another one we took from other machine. Mechanic is going to try cleaning it with WD40 to try to repair temporarily it while we get a spare.

Thanks for the diagrams Uffex, even do they were for a EC210A they helped me to get an idea of the circuit.

Juan

Aron

Occupation
Manager
Hi,juan,it seems that you had solved the problem after replacing the battery relay.The circuit of EC210A and EC210B is similar.Good