• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC160DL regen issues

RiversideMachines

ED5EB52A-7565-4892-A32B-DB9C6D8C1CF0.jpeg A3338B04-AA89-4C4F-A449-1EECACD0AD4A.jpeg ED5EB52A-7565-4892-A32B-DB9C6D8C1CF0.jpeg ED5EB52A-7565-4892-A32B-DB9C6D8C1CF0.jpeg Hi all. I have an EC160DL excavator and been having issues getting the machine to complete a regen. Soot will get up over 100% and a regen will start but it won’t finish. This happened before and I had the local Volvo tech come out and they got it to regen. They said they didn’t have to use the service tool but I’m not sure what they did. This time when I first started the machine it had an EACS failure with PSID 89-05 but that only stayed active for a little while and isn’t currently showing active but the machine still won’t finish a regen and soot keeps going up (currently 104%). Any ideas?

I am not currently getting any error codes. Just have the regen light staying on and the regen showing just under 100% complete after 20+min of running.

Is there a specific throttle setting I should have it while regening?

Also, when I look in the service menus, the EGR is showing some weird readings…could this be related?

Thanks!

BigWrench55

Also, when I look in the service menus, the EGR is showing some weird readings…could this be related?

Yes.
Also if it isn't completing regeneration then you have a heating problem. Your burner could have failed. You could have a faulty temp sensor. Or the acu could've failed. All of which will need tech tool ( software) to determine what is the problem.

RiversideMachines

You trying to say there is no other way of testing an EGR sensor than the tech tool? I’m sure if I knew where to find it I could test voltage going to the sensor and some sort of resistance reading on the sensor. That seems like basic troubleshooting.

BigWrench55

20220726_125416.jpg
This is where MA2508 is located. This block is mounted near the valve cover on the flywheel end of the engine left side.
Item 4

BigWrench55

I will need more information about what you say the egr is doing to be anymore help. The valve is the only thing that I see that is electronically controlled. I see no other sensors with the egr. I am failing to understand what you are seeing through the display.