• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC140 Pattern change valve

Guyute

Occupation
Excavating, owner operator
Hello, anybody out there ever install one of these in an older machine with out a selector? Volvo want 1400 for it, I may try to find it else where. I want to know if it is easy to install or even worth the down time

DirectTech

Occupation
Mechanic
It is not a difficult install but trying to find the right thing else where would be the issue, I know in the volvo kit it should just be the valve, hoses a bracket and bolts not to bad.

792DLC

Is there a place where all the pilots come together then you could just use quick couplers. Just need to stamp numbers in to both sides of the quick couplers the way they are now then figure what you need to do to change patterns and write down what hose goes to what quick coupler. If you have good access it takes like 5 mins to change on our 792 and the cost max would be $100 for quick couplers.
This was probably confusing more then helpful when I get a chance I will go take a pic of our setup.

rshackleford

we just put one into a 160. it was easy. the pilot hoses come into one spot. the valve was $1400 and the install was probably less then three hours. volvo offered a kit.