• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo A25c freon charge

Andrew shamp

I need to charge the a/c in my Volvo A25c. The manual says it only needs 200 grams or .44 pounds. I'm no a/c expert, but i know enough to know half pound won't cut it. I assume it was a typo and is supposed to be 2000 grams or 4.4 pounds. I figure I will just pump it in until it won't take any more around 4 pounds. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or if too much freon can damage a new pump?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
If you continue reading, you'll see that a half pound is starting charge. After that, you charge while operating. Lock throttle to approximately 1800rpm. Charge low side to 14-30 psi, high side 115- 200 psi. At around 70° F. You won't be using 4 lbs probably around 2¾ if I remember correctly.
What component did you replace, and did you add oil to compensate for the loss?

Andrew shamp

I replaced the pump and filter. The pump comes precharged with oil, I was going to add an extra oz from what my vacuum pull draws out for the new filter. I obviously didn't read far enough and missed the extra steps to charge more once running. I've always just charged it up in one shot in the past when working on tractors.