• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo A25c. 1997 year

cliff mctavy

evening all.
This A25c I’ve got at work will sometimes select drive and reverse no problem. Then nothing. Stopping the engine and restarting resets this. Then it happens again.
I plugged in the black box(get home ecm) but the fault still occurs.

I’m looking for as much info about this zf box as possible.

The oil was real black but I found no metallic bits to speak off in the strainer it smells of burned clutch if I’m honest.

When I lifted the floor I could clearly hear a metallic scrapping sound from within the box, at this point I’ve decided to remove the engine and box as it seems an easier job that way.

Can someone help a man out understanding how this machine picks up its drive ? Just a brief run down on these machines as I’ve never worked on them before.

Much appreciated for your time.