• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo 4300 has issues

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
Neighbor of mine bought a volvo 4300 the other day at an auction,got stung.
tranny slips in all forward gears ,reverse works fine.

Don't have a manual
where to look? TC,forward clutches?:beatsme

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
I suggest you look in the fuse box, the most common problem with these 4300{or any volvo loader of that vintage} was someone that knows nothing of electronic s putting little Black square fuse in incorrect position, this Happened quite frequently in Volvo loaders, The operator sitting idle waiting for trucks to load so he has poke about c ab opens fuse box pulls this little black thing out and then doesnt remember what hole it c ame from, so goodness the truc ks arrive back so he pokes it in any where, cause he doesnt rem ber where it came from and LO he haS NO REVERSE OR NO FORWARD so Boss calls Volvo service that service is about 5 hours away the fitter arrives put little black thingo back in correct position the operator of course denys any knowledge of tampering with the fuse box and may i say this was a common problem when Volvo were first sold in Australia and New Zealand hope this is all your problem is

Last edited:

Volvomad

It may be similar to an L70 inwhich case all the solenoids controlling the transmission are behind a cover at the top R/H side of the transmission with the valves/gear on the inside of the cover. I have found dirt under these valves causing similar simptoms.