• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo 360BLC

jey_c

I have hydraulic overheating on the 360BLC and I want to know if someone had already have problem on oil cooler getting clogged or if check valve of the cooler get damaged. What should be the fan max speed on the hyd cooler and the pressure of the fan motor on this max speed. Is it helpfull to test the pressure on the input of the cooler and what should be the max pressure at low idle. Any help will be appreciated

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Jey_c
Here is the information you requested, has this machine any history of cooling issues? Is it a normal worksite or is it doing something unusual?
Kind regards
Uffex
V360 Cooler.jpg

jey_c

It is a normal worksite. The machine is used on bucket and breaker. By the way, the 4.5K check valve is for the cooler and the 3k is for the control valve, no?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Jey_c
The 4.5 check valve provides cooler by-pass when the fluid is cold routing direct to the filters, the 3.5 bar provides back pressure for refilling functions allowing most of the fluid to go by the cooler. I have not known the check valves to give a problem but there is always the first time. When you dismantle the valves they are marked which is which 3.0 - 4.5 bars.
We suggest cheek carefully that the matrix is clear and that the fan speed is normal. If you are working in a cut this can effect the fluid temp.
If we can help further drop us a line.
Kind regards
Uffex

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Never had or known of diverted valve faults, but like udder said, there is always a first. The only trouble I had with those old volvox was the radiators blocked up with dust. Most operators then chucked a hose through it. In my application, the limestone turned to concrete. Meaning strip off cooler, inter cooler and rad, and properly steam clean.
It seems too simple, but the machine seemed to have sufficent through flow to cool but it didn't. Once done and refitted, problem gone. It's also a good oportunity to change the HUD oil, strainer and filter(s)
Simon

jey_c

What should be the max fan speed? Is it 1500rpm over 70 degree C or 1500rpm below 50 degree C?
Have you ever had a problem with the shunt valve that regulate the fan speed

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Jey_c
No I have not experienced such a issue however the speed should be at max with 70C, from memory the shunt valve can be fixed at max speed. Give me some time I will try to find a diagram and explanation.
Kind regards
uffex

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
not sure exactly, but i would anticipate something around 1500rpm fan speed at tick over below 70degrees.

jey_c

Yes, the shunt valve can be fixed at max speed. In fact, when the pressure to this valve is tank pressure, the spring pushes the shunt valve and close the tank passage, so all the flow from the fan pump will flow to the fan motor and thus it will work at max speed. I will try to put it at max speed and see what happen

jey_c

usually we can test oil to know how much copper or other metal is inside of it, like for engine oil or hydraulic oil. I wanted to know if they can also test the quality of a hydraulic oil to see if it tends to overheat or not

Ben Witter

If you have a shunt valve you should have power to the solenoid valve and pressure to the shunt spool until you reach 70C. At that point power should cut as well as pressure to the spool. Fan speed should be 1100 rpm with shunt spool activated and 1500rpm without activation. Fan speed will remain at 1500 until temp drops to 50C.

If you have a PWM controlled motor Fan speed will vary from 1000 RPM to 2000 RPM depending upon signal form VECU.

If fan speeds checkout measure the temp at the inlet and outlet of the cooler when hot.