• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo 120 d park brake shut down

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
dealer sent a tech out to tell us what was wrong with our loader and we repaired what he said and now it locked down in park brake will not i say will not move .... ive checked fuses relays wires til i cant find nothing,,, dealer is sending a tech out tomorrow but im wondering what have i missed.... sensors wait til they get 2500 psi hydralic and release and ive jumped sensors and changed new park brake sensors back to old ones and still nothing,,,, yes i have headaches

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Did you replace the Parking brake seals? You did'nt say what the dealer told you to repair! The best thing to do is check the tranmission oil level, to see if it is rising! it could be the park brake seals leaking into the transmission!

best way to check this would be a porta power pump with a pressure gauge, remove the hose going in to the park brake (with the machine switched off) conect the porta power hose and pump to the pressure the brake works at (2500 psi i think) if the pressure drops the seal are most likely leaking!

hope this helps

CPS

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
sorry about that ... they said park brake sensors were bad replaced both upper and lower solinoids and 2 hoses they said had pin holes in ....tech showed up at 6:45 this morning after a brief while he was able to pin point problem with the park brake Actuator Switch and was able to free it up so we could move loader out of the way ....ill get some pics soon