• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Viqan track and mackenzie is a scam

9599svt

I just want to share my story with VIQAN tracks and Alasdair Mackenzie. I needed a set of tracks for my morooka mst500 and the original 450 width tracks seemed difficult to come by. The wider 500 width tracks for the newer 600 model machine are made by some companies but since my machine is used for trail building with a fair amount of maneuvering required in soft but not bottomless ground I preferred the original width tracks that gives me all the flotation I need without added stress when turning. I got a suggestion to check VIQAN from a reliable source. After a couple phone calls with Alasdair Mackenzie I decided to order a set of tracks from VIQAN on 8-9-19. He said it would take 3-4 months to get the tracks, which I was fine with. He promptly set me an invoice that I paid. On 8-16-19 I emailed him just to be sure he received the payment and he promptly emailed me back that he did receive it. My bank statement later showed that he cashed the check right away. We stayed in constant communication and he said about a month later that he is just waiting for the container # for a more accurate arrival date. (The tracks are made in China) After him telling me this twice in about a month period this is where things seemed to start falling apart. When I asked him what was going on with my tracks he would say he emailed Tu and would get back to me. He basically quit emailing me and would just call me and tell me that everything is fine and that I would receive my tracks before spring. I should have just tried to get my money back at this point but I trusted him and because of winter really didn't need the tracks till spring. The communication lasted till March when on 3-13-20 I emailed him to refund my money. Since that email even though I have emailed him several times and called him several times a week leaving a voicemail most of the times I have not got any response at all from him. I don't know what to say, I trusted him and his business, but now am left with my needed machine down and he hasn't returned my money so I can buy tracks from someone else. I understand there is things disrupting the world right now but if he would have got me my tracks when he promised this wouldn't be an issue. I now can only believe Alasdair Mackenzie and his company VIQAN is a scam or at least that he doesn't care because he can't deliver what he promised or even communicate back to me any more or refund my money. So I decided to file a complaint with the BBB. A couple weeks later he finally called me back saying the BBB had contacted him. He seemed a little upset that I filed the complaint and assured me that this was never about trying to steal my money but never gave an explanation for why I never received my tracks. He guaranteed me he would send out my refund yet that day. Well that was on 6-5-2020 and now it is 6-19-2020 and I still have not received a refund. I have no other choice but to believe his company is a fraud and I guess it is getting to the point to take legal action if my refund doesn't arrive soon. I just wanted to share my experience so hopefully nobody else has to go through what I am going through. I never should have sent him the whole payment till he actually had the tracks in his possession.

9599svt

I did receive my refund check today from Mr. Mackenzie. I took the check to the bank that issued the check and they verified everything and cashed the check. I have spoken/text with Mr. Mackenzie a few times since my post. I did always feel he was a good person at heart but unfortunately sometimes, when things in life out of your control gang up on you, a person can do things that are not in there normal nature. Obviously he did make things right now, and I feel he was genuinely sorry for the way things happened. I hope and pray for all the best to him and his family. There is always tests in this life but doing what is right will be rewarded in the long run.