• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Video test

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
Wondered if some of you would see if this link plays ok or not. Pond 7 mudpile when done
Works ok on my computer, but I made the clips on it......
The format is .mpeg
Another question is does it start playing while downloading (streaming) or make you wait until the whole file is downloaded?
And if it's sucky perhaps some advise?
I've switched away from windows, so wanted to change away from the windows .wmv file type for videos.
Don't really want to use flash or quicktime either. I can't really seem to find a "standard" video format for all computers.
Hope this post isn't out of line here.

Thanks

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Windows Media Player opens when I click the link. The clip comes up but when you click the "Play" button, it plays for a split second then stops. You almost can't tell it played anything except you can see a very slight picture shift, then it stops. :beatsme

What is the default player of .mpeg files?

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Quicktime opened in a new tab in Firefox for me. It tried to play right away, but the clip wasn't fully loaded, so it was just quick. After pausing it and waiting for it to load, it played fine.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
The file opened in media player but did not appear to be loading after a long wait so I could not get it to play.I have spent many hours in Linux trying to find a substitute for movie maker etc. and I have yet to be able to put anything together that I could recommend as a satisfactory alternative.I have tried many distros and software packages.I have not tried any of the enterprise editions so cannot speak for them but the object is to avoid the big bucks for me at least and at this time I will continue to use Microsoft.
I do enjoy using linux when I can but there is so much software that I use in Windows that there is no substitute for in Linux that I have given up hope of ever making the change or recommending it to anyone else with anything more than the basic needs from a computer.Ron G

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
Thanks guys,

"MPEG-1 defines a group of Audio and Video (AV) coding and compression standards agreed upon by MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group). "

I think MPEG-1 and mp3 are the same. The video file on my web site should play on a handheld mp3 video player.

Windows just refuses to play nice with others :bash
Windows media Player can be adapted to play them http://www.mediacodec.org/ , although that still isn't the solution to be accessible to viewers.

I think there is a way to get it to play in windows by using html with the video file to tell it to play it.

Well, more work to do. Will try to find the right code to put in the web page. If anyone knows please let me know.

(is this hard to do, or am I just making it look that way?)

JBL

If you download the video and then open it with media player it plays fine.

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
I'd call this plan b, but I'm way past that. :)
I would appreciate it if you guys would give this test video 2 a try and let me know.

Thanks again,

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Now that one works for me. :drinkup

I pause it till it finishes loading then it plays fine. :thumbsup

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
The vid starts in Media player,goes into a loop at 7 seconds then quits at 22 seconds on my computer.Tried it 4 times with plenty of time to buffer.Ron G

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
:Banghead :bash

Thanks guys, I'm thinking if I can get Ron's to work too I'll be styling.
If

JBL

Was that your son/daughter zhkent? I can tell that is not the first time they ran the trackhoe. :thumbsup

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
That is my daughter JBL. She did really good that day.
Tried to keep it simple, boom down, curl bucket, lift boom, swing, dump bucket.
She said she pretended she was on a merry go round. :rolleyes: