• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Victim of the Shipping Gorillas:

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Replacement battery for my portable jump box, (JNC-770R) I've had and used for years. The original battery is failing quickly so ordered a replacement but not going to arrive as earlier predicated:

Damaged Shipment.JPG

They say another should arrive by Tuesday. No harm, nor foul with me although this gets used often.

Placed a small load test onto the original battery which is 12VDC, 22ah rated. With a fresh charge and using simple mathematical conversion to reserve capacity, a 25A load should run consistently just over 52 minutes before the battery decays through 10.5VDC which is considered discharged. This one made just about 4.5 minutes before being discharged so seen better days.

cfherrman

Amazon uses USPS most as possible which is a terrible shipping service and the bid per package is way under their cost so now the US tax payers get to subsidize Amazon shipping. eBay with UPS shippers is always better and around the same price.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Amazon uses USPS most as possible which is a terrible shipping service and the bid per package is way under their cost so now the US tax payers get to subsidize Amazon shipping. eBay with UPS shippers is always better and around the same price.
I just bought something from eBay a couple of days ago and was only offered one shipping option - USPS.

1693TA

Occupation
I see a combination of FedEx, UPS, and USPS pretty evenly really. None are top shelf any longer.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I left Amazon 5 years ago and never looked back. Second day delivery is impossible out here, political Prime movies of whatever agenda they are trying to shove in societies face is not my thing, and they give discounts to folks on welfare and not disabled veterans.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
We used Fed Ex to deliver a bid over night 6 weeks ago, which still would have given us an extra day. Next day became 3 days. Bid showed late and of course they wouldn't take it (I get that). We were low bid on a 500K job. It needed to go to Boise about 4 hours away. Had I known of course I would have driven it, but you assume that they mean what they say....and of course they don't.

JaredV

FedEx is a joke. I've seen packages go back and forth between shipping hubs. One package came to a hub, then another the next day. The first one sat there for almost a week while the second one left the day after it got there. The delivery drivers are contractors who may not speak English as a first language and you never know where they'll leave stuff, like a relative with the same last name a quarter mile away.

I choose the brown truck whenever possible.

1693TA

Occupation
I myself have taken gallon cans of gasoline to contract FedEx drivers who's vehicles have starved out on their routes. Always have received a check and thank you note from the local FedEx office in Peoria for it. Have pulled two of their wagons onto my shop property with a chain as the driver's cannot leave the vehicles with packages, but can on private property locked up. Both of these times the packages were unloaded from one van into another to be sent on it's way and the broken down van towed off.

I too find the company humorous. I always ship with brown if possible.

Truck Shop

It's freight---freight means wait---hurry up and wait. Been that way since the first freighter
started business x amount BC. Think about it this way every item being shipped is a
football, and being treated like a football, some make it across the goal line some don't.
Really when you stop and think about all the packages that start with a tracking number
of 1Z--that's only one company out of how many, feel lucky you receive it is all.

cfherrman

FedEx is weird because people buy routes and run them, so it's not the same FedEx here as you have. UPS is the same company everywhere at least and they are really good here too.

I dropped prime a long time ago as well, it's a subscription service you don't need to a terrible company. Wife still uses them without prime and I can't tell a difference. eBay with free 4 day shipping is really good most of the time.

I'm just really upset about USPS low balling Amazon, they shouldn't be able to bid under cost.

Truck Shop

Oh that poor Jeff Bezos--that poor little billionaire, who stepped down and moved to Floida.
We got what we asked for with box stores and huge conglomerates. Remember the thing
called a Lumber yard every town had them--Now men get to play he-mam pushing there
pathetic little orange cart to go pick out some twisted knotted up sub grade crap at the place
of {Doing Things--Home Depot}.
Now back to UPS after that channel interruption.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Oh that poor Jeff Bezos--that poor little billionaire, who stepped down and moved to Floida.
We got what we asked for with box stores and huge conglomerates. Remember the thing
called a Lumber yard every town had them--Now men get to play he-mam pushing there
pathetic little orange cart to go pick out some twisted knotted up sub grade crap at the place
of {Doing Things--Home Depot}.
Now back to UPS after that channel interruption.
We got Bloedorn's for one of the lumber yard and they live up to their name, they sure do Bloe and you are are going to have to a'dorn it as there isn't many options. Lumber is outdoors with no cover, they try to hurry up and load your vehicle so you don't have time to object to the junk wood they are loading up. Was there couple weeks ago, whole bunk of 2x6's like it was rotted wood, no solid surface to nail to trying to load up my rig, I told them to get that out of here and proceeded to rip apart 3 bunks to get 24 boards, might not be allowed back there, F'em!
Then you got Builders First that should call themselves Builders Last, cause you get the last remnants of what Hoe Depot didn't take off the truck. Tell the folks in Idaho quit sending their lumber this way, it sucks arse worse than a 2 dollar queer.
Any structure built with lumber from this town I wouldn't trust it

MG84

I’ve had the worst luck with the USPS, but none are great anymore. My father lives in southern AZ, I’m in VA, somewhere between here and there the mail goes terribly awry. It isn’t uncommon for a piece of mail to take 3-5 weeks to get here, if at all. More than once it’s arrived dirty and torn up like it was run over by a truck.

Our local post office isn’t much better, luckily the postman that we’d had for years retired. He was the stereotypical disgruntled postal worker, in his 70’s and probably had worked there all his life. He would tear down our long driveway at literally 40-50mph, pull his jeep right into the flower bed next to the driveway, or soft grass, and then spin mud everywhere turning around. It was a weekly occurrence to get the neighbors mail, sometimes from miles away. He once brought a package to the house, my wife answered the door, and his exact words were “I don’t get paid to deliver this $hit.” It’s not like you could complain either, its a small town and I’m sure word would get back around, then your mail probably would have gone straight in the trash. Thank god he’s gone now, one of the most ornery old cuss I’ve ever met.

Vetech63

I primarily used UPS for years and never had much problem. It seems, since Covid, things went to Hell. I think more than 70% of the time I can count on a RED next day air package not showing up for an extra day or 2. Do I get offered my money back?.....Yeah, NO.

Truck Shop

My father lives in southern AZ, I’m in VA, somewhere between here and there the mail goes terribly awry.
It's that vortex there in Missouri area located around Branson, that's causing the issue
it's been said.