• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vickers Valve

KellyWagner

Occupation
Health
Can this valve be rebuilt? Very Slow one way fine the other waye. Runs a thumb on my ol 70d Deere20150322_163452.jpg

lantraxco

Those industrial subplate valves are available everywhere, you can take that one to just about any hydraulic outfit and get a new one in any of several different brands, or find a vickers vendor, get a seal kit and pull it down for inspection and cleaning. Check to see if it has manual override pins on the ends, sometimes they get stuck. Have had a couple that were intermittent just because somebody tightened the nut holding the coil on a bit too much, go figure.

KellyWagner

Occupation
Health
It has manual override pins. When I push them in nothing happens. However i may have more problems. When i work the thumb in the direction that does not work the left travel lever moves a tiny bit. Could I have a spool bypassing? The way this thing is hooked up is it has a linie coming off the pilot pump filter line. One line goes tees off from where the swing brake line comes out of the spool. The other line tees off to the upper tank return.. May explain why when cold it works but very quickly looses power one direction, and to make it work I either have to hit the left travel a bit at the same time or pUt the stick to the ground and slew left a bit. The it works slowly and I feel the machine load up some. When I push the override pins in and use the thumb they both pop back out but do not pop out untill I hit the thumb.