• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vickers solenoid dump valve repair (JLG component)

colson04

You may have dropped some coin in it, but at least you know what you have and what kind of shape it's in compared to purchasing either a new machine or another used one, that broad as it is long question, but again, at least you know what you now have. In my experience, age and hours on a machine mean less than the condition it's in. We have two old Gehl DL-10H telehandlers, one with over 10K hours, that I maintain and keep in service because the boss won't pull the trigger to replace them. And that's what sucks for me, I hate DL Gehl machines, didn't like them when they were new, from a mechanics point of view that is. But here I am keeping two of them going and the damn dinosaurs refuse to die! And therein is the rub, as much as I hate them, for me, as the employed wrench bender, like the line from the John Wayne movie The Train Robbers..."something to do".

I agree @willie59 . Its frustrating some days, but has penciled out so far. A similar lift for my current job would have been $1500 for a week, plus delivery. She ain't the newest machine, but she earns her keep.