• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vibrations throughtout the crane when driving sheeting.

LCG777

I'm using an LTM 1100 to drive sheeting. I'm trying to find a kind of shock absorber that can go in between the block and hammer. Ive heard of tires being used with chokers as back up in case the tire should fail. My concern with that is the tire falling on someone.

I contacted cranemaster.no in Norway, they seem to make a product that could work. They told me though that the vibrations are to short and that the seals in their product would fail after a short period of time. Also, that one of their products for my application would cost around $37,000.

Any one know of any products out there that help reduce or eliminate vibrations going back through the crane when the hammer is started?

Thanks