• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer V3550a Spitting Oil Deutz F3L1011

Travis Crane

I purchased a trencher with a Deutz F3L1011F and it ran for a little bit and then started running away and spitting oil out of the muffler. Any thoughts? I checked the oil dipstick and it was clear and very thin.

I think I read somewhere that this problem might be caused by the fuel pump diaphragm having a hole in it. Any thoughts?

Are there any diagrams or manuals or pictures of how to check the fuel pump?

Travis Crane

I pulled the front screw of the fuel pump (Deutz 1011F Series Fuel Pump) apart and the screen was completely impacted.

I then opened up the pump to check the diaphragm and there is a tear in the bottom about 1/4" long. So maybe this is my problem.

I am planning on getting a new pump assembly and hopefully that will fix the problem.