• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer T1225 Terrain Leveler

Sotrekker

I have never seen one of these before......so my questions are, how much, and
isn't there a cheaper option?

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
looks like a rough ride.

heavylift

I think he needs to slow down, track speed is too fast if you are continuously stalling the cutting head.

I think the used on of these type of machines at the old Denver airport to remove the runways

alco

I thought they used a gate breaker at Stapleton to break up the old runways.

alco

Good to know, Thanks! I had only ever seen reference to a gate breaker being used for the runways.

Thanks for sharing the article on the terrain leveler, pretty good idea!

JDOFMEMI

There was a whole herd of these things in Las Vegas a while back doing work at the airport. No blasting allowed, and caliche too hard to rip. I seen at least 5 of them, and therre may have been more. Looks like a very expensive way to dig rock.

Slidey

Occupation
HD fitter
Hi, I work for a Vermeer agency in Perth, Western Australia.

We have just sent out 6 brand new T1255s to a mine in the the North West of the state.

Have a few pics and 2 short videos of its bigger brother the T1655 which I will start a thread on once I get the minimum 3 posts in..

Diego

Hi, I work for a Vermeer agency in Perth, Western Australia.

We have just sent out 6 brand new T1255s to a mine in the the North West of the state.

Have a few pics and 2 short videos of its bigger brother the T1655 which I will start a thread on once I get the minimum 3 posts in..

I'm very curious about that! In the mine are digging for what? Could you give me more details please...

Slidey

Occupation
HD fitter
Not digging as such.

What they do is plane a set depth off the floor of the mine and the material is then lifted up and loaded after.

There are pics of the machines here and there is several videos posted on youtube.

Example of one is here on youtube

Diego

Took some videos of them working in the Pilbara in Western Australia. Sorry about the poor quailty, it was only on my phone.
Do not worry, I appreciate it, may thanks it could be enough, but it did not work in rock, isn't it? What about real rock for surface miner performance? I mean not less of 100MPa!?! I'm wondering if I can avoid explosive one time for all....

rare ss

Took some videos of them working in the Pilbara in Western Australia. Sorry about the poor quailty, it was only on my phone.
Do not worry, I appreciate it, may thanks it could be enough, but it did not work in rock, isn't it? What about real rock for surface miner performance? I mean not less of 100MPa!?! I'm wondering if I can avoid explosive one time for all....

their working in high grade iron ore which is pretty hard going..