• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

vandals

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
i started a job this week clearing a lot for a doctors office i got about halfway through the job when the dozer ran out of gas so i went home for the day to come back the next morning when i went to fill the dozer up with diesel i realized someone comeby in the middle of the night and cut the lock off of the fuel tank and filled the fuel tank up with dirt i was so dang mad i called the local pd they said they would send someone out well 1hr later still no police officer so i called the sheriffs office and they had 2 deputys there within 10 minutes they took a report and said call them back when i get ready to leave and they would send someone out and watch the equipment overnight

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
You must of took somebody job, kids would not go thru the work of cutting a lock off and filling the tank with dirt. Kids just seam to break out windows:(

fireman050

Occupation
You must of took somebody job, kids would not go thru the work of cutting a lock off and filling the tank with dirt. Kids just seam to break out windows:(

well i was nearly $10,000 cheaper than the other guy oh well i went and rented a nice and shiny cat d5g dozer to finish the job

DPete

Vandalism is a constant worry when equipment is on the job. I've had paintball attacks, battery cables taken, dipsticks thrown across the job, guages broken, dirt clods down the stack. Never anything major though, like adults playing hardball. Not yet anyway

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Vandalism is a constant worry when equipment is on the job. I've had paintball attacks, battery cables taken, dipsticks thrown across the job, guages broken, dirt clods down the stack. Never anything major though, like adults playing hardball. Not yet anyway

Guy never wants to say never!!!!!!!!! until you quit and get out of the busniess.

Halloweens coming up!:usa

bucket

mad

i started a job this week clearing a lot for a doctors office i got about halfway through the job when the dozer ran out of gas so i went home for the day to come back the next morning when i went to fill the dozer up with diesel i realized someone comeby in the middle of the night and cut the lock off of the fuel tank and filled the fuel tank up with dirt i was so dang mad i called the local pd they said they would send someone out well 1hr later still no police officer so i called the sheriffs office and they had 2 deputys there within 10 minutes they took a report and said call them back when i get ready to leave and they would send someone out and watch the equipment overnight

I am a new member and i need few more entries, your posting caught me. This would be very frustrating.I feel for you man. I am currently having my own troubles from running out of fuel, trying now to bleed the system correctly.The moral don't run out of fuel it can be problematic in many ways.Good luck.

fireman050

Occupation
And it stops where?

Remember.....
people get what they deserve.....
And that's without you having to lower yourself to their level.
:cool:

i will not do anything bad only thing i am going to do is have the sheriffs office visit him while he is at work in front of all his employees

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver

Vandalism is a big big big worry of mine. Usually my jobs are in the open so nothing happens to much, but I did have a Komatsu PC400 with a leaking radiator. I was busy with work and couldn't afford the down time so we were just filling it everyday with water. Someone got into the job and started the machine. When we got there Monday morning the motor was seized because it ran hot and locked up. It ended up costing me $5,000 for a used motor, plus I had to rent a machine for a week that cost another $8,000. As soon as that used motor was in we went and traded it in for a new one. I had problems with that whole series of Komatsu excavators. The LC-5 series. Overheating, electrical problems, now the new machines I haven't had anything break on them.

fireman050

Occupation
well i just receved a call from one of the detectives working the case and he told me that the place im working next to has security cameras and he was caught on camera

JDMGrading

We're having a problem with joyriders, from our 416 and 420 backhoes being driven around and buried to our 450 deere dozers being driven around to make trails to our CAT 303 mini ex ending up 1 mile away from the jobsite.

Wolf

Maybe somebody didn't want to see the lot cleared, for whatever reason. What was there before? My kids read the book Hoot, in which they try to clear a lot that is the habitat for some burrowing owls. It's still no excuse for vandalism, though.

fireman050

Occupation
Wow, what a great contractor :pointhead

Question though, you say that you were $10,000 cheaper. How big of a lot is it ?? Are you working for nothing or was he that expensive ??

the lot is about 20 acres he was just expensive as heck

fireman050

Occupation
Maybe somebody didn't want to see the lot cleared, for whatever reason. What was there before? My kids read the book Hoot, in which they try to clear a lot that is the habitat for some burrowing owls. It's still no excuse for vandalism, though.

the only thing that was on the lot was a old burned out house and a bunch of pine trees