• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

vandals

DirectTech

Occupation
Mechanic
The other day we had a guy come in the shop asking how to rewire his delimber, someone ripped the door of the machine with a chain then proceeded to remove all the wires on the machine to turn in for cooper.

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
So did you get to knock down the house and push over the trees yet?
yes i did i sold the pine trees to a pulpwood plant the whole site has been cleared and the water company brought a case excavator to dg down to the water main to make tap in the pipe for a water hookup

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,203
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,205
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,201
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,208

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Speaking of vandals, how did they manage dent up a zts excavator?:bash

nffs06

I had some guys hotwire one of my dozers one night to get their truck unstuck. They parked it back on the wrong side of the job site though.

MutsMachines

Occupation
railroad worker
working on the railroad in quebec the first night we got to montreal parked the machines in a siding went to the hotel for the night come back to work in the morning and all 9 were spray painted. windows and any large surface was tagged.

thetabop

man that kind of thing pisses me off, vandals are the scum of the earth.

about 5 years ago we had our worst bush fires for like 50 years, and some firefighters were saying that they jumped out of their truck and ran in to a burning house and saved some people, when they got back out half the equipment on their truck had been stolen...

not really vandalism but its in the same vein

ianoz

man that kind of thing pisses me off, vandals are the scum of the earth.

about 5 years ago we had our worst bush fires for like 50 years, and some firefighters were saying that they jumped out of their truck and ran in to a burning house and saved some people, when they got back out half the equipment on their truck had been stolen...

not really vandalism but its in the same vein
That is as low as you can go .

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
I gotta ask....You are 10 g cheaper than the other guy and you still run it out of fuel..way to go

Lee (MN)

Occupation
HE Mechanic
The company I work for was replacing a box culvert several years back so the road was closed, on the weekend A patron from the bar down the street leaves the bar and drives around the barricades and gets his suburban royally stuck, so he breaks the window in the EX750 and gets in the cab and busts out the ignition and gets it running, tries to pull out the truck and breaks his chain, then smashes the tool trailer with the bucket to get inside, finds a pipe choker and pulls out the truck, tearing off the front bumper at the same time. Monday morning the crew arrives and finds the hoe run out of fuel (he left it running), and everything busted up, along with his front bumper with the license plate attached, LOL.

Lee;)

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
I can't believe equipment is not getting trail cameras as a factory option.

Add wi-fi detection software to get bad guy phone to log into and see if that helps.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Add wi-fi detection software to get bad guy phone to log into and see if that helps.

Interesting, just how does that work? That could be an awesome weapon against vandals.

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
Cm1995.

I don't know. But the teckie at our fire company can find who has been" picked up" on our system. Doesn't mean that he knows who it is but he can get an ID' of the device. Cops get really coy about what they can do with that.

wilko

Cm1995.

I don't know. But the teckie at our fire company can find who has been" picked up" on our system. Doesn't mean that he knows who it is but he can get an ID' of the device. Cops get really coy about what they can do with that.

Around here, probably not much. A few years ago tweekers stole some wiring at a local rock pit, the pit boss found one of their cell phones laying on the ground. When he talked to a cop later on he asked what they got off the phone, the cop told him the battery on the phone was dead so that ended the investigation.

Deliacorpny

Occupation
Owner/operator excavation business
Dents? That thing looks like it came outta the 2nd ave subway job in manhatten ! Or Iraq

jowmore

Looks like he's gonna be payin for his sleaziness. And it serves him right. I bet not many people will be associating with him if there was any to begin with.