• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Pat MacMillen , Timberwest , HBO , Not sure what happened , I guess I was working in a different area in the Division .scan581.jpgscan582.jpgscan583.jpgscan584.jpgscan585.jpg

Last edited:

dirty4fun

Seeing the yarder laying on it's side sure would make you sick, if you were the owner or former operator. Looks like they should of had the dozer level off the ground before this happened. Did make a good road block, in case there was a bank hold up it sure would stopped the crooks get away1

caycusion

Ron Evans had a little mishap with a new 124. junction of grossklegs and south shore rd.

camptramp

Occupation
Pat MacMillen HBO , 1st & 2nd pictures #41-257 log truck being loaded by Madill 3800 loader . 3rd & 4th pictures #88 log truck being loaded by Line Loader #54-87 .scan594.jpgscan595.jpgscan596.jpgscan597.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Pat MacMillen , HBO , 1st picture Landing Bucker Wed McKechnie standing on pile of Heli logs . 2nd picture Wayne Coulombe standing on log pile . 3rd & 4th pictures Brian Schultz operating #54-87 Cypress Log Loader . 5th picture Wayne Coulombe standing in front of log truck being loaded .scan598.jpgscan599.jpgscan600.jpgscan601.jpgscan602.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Pat MacMillen , HBO , As these loads are peaked up over legal highway height , I think they are being hauled to Nitinat First Nations Mill . [/ATTACH]151634[/ATTACH]scan604.jpgscan605.jpgscan606.jpg

Attachments

• scan603.jpg
    scan603.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 582

dirty4fun

Any chance he came off lowbed boom first?

What I was going by was the tracks I thought he left in the one picture. Unless it was a different machine it looked like it was turning off the road headed to the landing. Sure would make for a rotten day!

HDX

That is the first time I have seen Wayne since he was throwing tongs for his dad on a hayrack in Franklin back in the 70's. We both had 64 Pontiac Parisienne 2 door hard tops. Wonder if he kept his car?

camptramp Cant help but see the sweeper Bar in the first picture in post 2510. Every one of our Juicers had one of those when we were still a big outfit Then the new people came along and turfed them in the scrap bin. Sure did work well while we had them

camptramp

Occupation
I don't think Wayne has his Pontiac anymore , he did have a nice mid 1970's Ford 3/4 ton 4x4 .
The "Sweeper Bar" another good idea that is becoming history , an average loader operator would leave a clean landing and road surface behind , an ace operator would leave a graded road surface . Wouldn't it make sense to leave some branches and debris to drive over , get a limb jambed up in the frame , lay in the mud to wrestle it out , if it takes out an airline or fitting , drop a trip fixing it . About the same as switching to Highway Trucks and hauling on highway , then eliminate the "truck washes" makes more sense to pack 500 KM of mud than payload , then point the finger at the driver when the load scale is down .

caycusion

I don't think Wayne has his Pontiac anymore , he did have a nice mid 1970's Ford 3/4 ton 4x4 .
The "Sweeper Bar" another good idea that is becoming history , an average loader operator would leave a clean landing and road surface behind , an ace operator would leave a graded road surface . Wouldn't it make sense to leave some branches and debris to drive over , get a limb jambed up in the frame , lay in the mud to wrestle it out , if it takes out an airline or fitting , drop a trip fixing it . About the same as switching to Highway Trucks and hauling on highway , then eliminate the "truck washes" makes more sense to pack 500 KM of mud than payload , then point the finger at the driver when the load scale is down .
When the contractors took over they were disgusted that such a thing even existed and refused to fix them, usually taking the first chance to chuck it in the steel bin.....the loader operators would sweet talk the welders for a little touch up whenever possible.