• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

skadill

H.B.O. Woodchucker

it's still alive and well.machine from post 744 above.

Attachments

• DSCN0032.jpg
    DSCN0032.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 985

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Still looks in good shape when Bruce Wilson ran it ,it hardly had a mark on the mural on the counter wieght , I use to get scared for him just watching him go some of the places he took it

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
There are photos of this floating around, it went through ritchies a couple years back.

Here it is on one of it's last job. Unsure where it is now.

546000_10151855175553305_523968111_n.jpg

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Whats up with the load in middle pic ? lose a fight with the loader op ? really trailer heavy, all though it looks like mostly Cedar ,some of those puppies look to be 60 feet or better

camptramp

Occupation
No 075 its a clean up load , it was 2 small loads or get evey thing you can on it, a lot of it is spliced . Last load from that setting last load fot me on an off highway truck . A few moves with the off highway lowbed and I was sentenced to steady ice cream wagons .

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
You do end up with some goofy clean up loads at times . I like it best when they leave you short, and put all 41 footers on you and give you a push to get you out of the landing lol.

camptramp

Occupation
You do end up with some goofy clean up loads at times . I like it best when they leave you short, and put all 41 footers on you and give you a push to get you out of the landing lol.
I use to run loader , now I shutter at some of the loads I put out before I knew better its a good thing the trucks didn't haul big loads lol.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
My rule now is when I load, is put nothing on the truck that I would not haul myself. And if the driver finds something he dose not like about the load, I will unload it and make it the way he likes it. Pulled one dead driver out of his crushed cab and swore that I would never be the cause of an accident. He was from down your way camptramp if you ever want to know his name pm me and I will tell you.

camptramp

Occupation
My rule now is when I load, is put nothing on the truck that I would not haul myself. And if the driver finds something he dose not like about the load, I will unload it and make it the way he likes it. Pulled one dead driver out of his crushed cab and swore that I would never be the cause of an accident. He was from down your way camptramp if you ever want to know his name pm me and I will tell you.
)075 I'm pretty sure I know about it , I'll PM you with a little back ground that you'll find interesting I wasn't there and you never know what went wrong unless you were in the drivers seat ! Just for the record when I ran loader the policy was haft a log above the stakes and round it off we didn't even use cinches , but with a short boom it was hard to get the wieght forward.