• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
What was the original (suspension) bridge rated for?
I'm not really sure , but anything that could be loaded on an Off Highway Logging Truck or Off Highway Lowbed was hauled across it .

Attachments

• scan168.jpg
    scan168.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 38
  • scan169.jpg
    scan169.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 41

camptramp

Occupation
Peter Mortensen Collection Timberwest HBO Div. A Madill 044 was destroyed by fire . I'm not sure if the fire was started in the log deck or if it started on the Grapple Yarder .

Attachments

• scan743.jpg
    scan743.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • scan744.jpg
    scan744.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 34
  • scan745.jpg
    scan745.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • scan746.jpg
    scan746.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 34

camptramp

Occupation
Peter Mortensen Collection Fletcher Challenge Renfrew Div. Two HDX Hayes Water Trucks from the early 1960's . The HDX on the right was the #221 a conventional Logging Truck new at BCFP Caycuse Div. The HDX on the left was the #222 a preloader Logging Truck new at BCFP Renfrew Div.

Attachments

• scan760.jpg
    scan760.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 41
  • scan761.jpg
    scan761.jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 40
  • scan762.jpg
    scan762.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 39

exploring

Not sure how that Iron got to the Caycuse M/L at Lacy Cr. . The rail road use to cross Lacy Cr.and follow Nixon for a little ways then switch back to climb up to the Caycuse Summit which is at the top of the hill on the truck road past Lacy Cr., after the rail road was torn up the grade was rebuilt as a truck road now called C4 . Near the bottom of that adverse truck road is the remains of a train wreck , which is where that Iron came from . In Ken Hallberg's Autobiography on pages 102 - 105 he describe's how the ONE SPOT a Climax Locie had a run away and ran into back of the Five SPOT'S loaded skeleton cars , which had started down the grade first . When I hauled logs off C4 I use to be able to see the wreck below the road grade where it had been left after the wreck , with all use able parts stripped off it . Kind of a shame people can't leave things alone .
Do you know IF there is anything left of the old train? Tried looking around C4 and looking at maps. But I know areas and roads can change. Any other hints on a better spot to start looking

stumpfarmer

Occupation
Rigging rat
Question Camptramp.
Can you tell me anything about this photo-is it real? quite a discussion on another forum about
it being photo shopped.
Thanks.
Can't remember the dates or names off-hand but was posted on Facebook a while ago and someone confirmed it to be real with a date, location, and name of the driver. I'll have to poke around and see if I can dig up the specifics.