• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Toby H. Gordendale Logging , Divison of Forestland Industries , 1st picture VIH (Vancouver Island Helicopters) Heli Logging . 2nd-3rd pictures VIH landing logs by Cat LL 300 B loader . 4th picture Cat LL 300 B loading #116 P16 Pacific log truck . 5th picture Sherry and Jason Hird standing on front of #116 on a snowy Nov. 1990 day .scan407.jpgscan408.jpgscan409.jpgscan410.jpgscan411.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Toby Hird , Gordendale Logging , Division of Forestland Industries , June 1990 , New Cat LL 300 B log loader , loading #107 849 scan419.jpgscan420.jpgscan421.jpgKenworth preloader log truck from 121 Madill grapple yarder .

Trainman

New member from Port Alberni, thought I would throw some more recent pictures up:

First two are from the north end of the Island, past Holberg and near Cape Scott, taken July 2010. BC Timber Sales:

BCTS Hayes Blue Off Road Truck 3.jpg

BCTS Kenworth Off Road Truck 2.jpg

Moving a bit further south, this was taken on Nootka Island in May 2011, WFP:

Nootka Island Pacific Log Truck 2.jpg

Next is the famous H17 south of town, taken May 2014, also WFP:

H17 PAFO May 2014 1.jpg

And a little different, but still with a forestry theme, the No. 11 taken outside the Somass mill this November, a very nice example of what our local heritage society is capable of doing:

MB No. 11.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks for posting all of the photos and information again this year. Always some interesting stuff to see and learn about.

Xmas 2015-115.jpg

[video=youtube;cKw7xfVCJsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKw7xfVCJsU[/video]

Last edited:

dirty4fun

Merry Christmas to all my new found friends here, and hope you have a Happy New Year. Will be seeing you this summer, in your beautiful part of the world. Thanks to everyone who has spent so much time sharing pictures and knowledge you have made this site the best.

RCP 57 Once again you have done an excellent job with you models and presentation!

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Merry Christmas Jim. I look forward to catching up with you in 2016. Bike trip again or???

dirty4fun

Reg, I am planning on two wheels again, to take me across the western U S. Hope to get a little stick time operating a dump truck for you at the Duncan show. Will be in touch.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Warm seasons greetings to all heavy equipment forum-ers. And great video there Scott 527, really liked that especially the hoechuckers which is something I'm trying to develop over here. Cheers to all, John.