• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
That Pacific looks interesting...Air cleaner piping is something we didn't do at the plant(its nice and direct tho) and is that a folding reach trailer on the back ??.Pick up on the left shows the picture fairly recent...I do believe I know that truck....

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
That Pacific looks interesting...Air cleaner piping is something we didn't do at the plant(its nice and direct tho) and is that a folding reach trailer on the back ??.Pick up on the left shows the picture fairly recent...I do believe I know that truck....

The Pacific P16 preloader with BCFP telescoping , folding style reach in picture was a BCFP Renfrew Div. truck ,#6-260 , #6-263 ,or #6-264 the #6-260 and #6-263 came with natural V12-71 Detroit's , the #6-264 came with a Inline 6 Cummins , the #6-260 and #6-263 were repowered with twin turbo V12-71's as there were only three trucks like in the Div. and that truck looks to have twin stacks ,its either the #6-260 or #6-263 when that picture was taken Timberwest owned them their numbers were #40-138 and #40-139 . They are now owned by Island Pacific Logging and are over in "HDX's" country at Sarita R.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Yes all the BCFP style self loading preloaders had winchs in the top of water tanks to pull trailer up ramps to back deck , early HDX Hayes had the winch between frame behind water tank with a block welded to top center of water tank to load trailer .

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I only remember doing the one but what I remember the most is the office coming out and speaking to a few of us that we were going to the BCFP winch style preloader(s) to fit in with existing equipment..We were all game for it....

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Do you remember the CZ style winch. It had 3 blocks. Winch at bottom of water tank,one block above,then block in front of 5th wheel and one more block on top left of water tank,then block hook to a strap with 2 eyes anchored to front axle of trailer

Blk prince

Occupation
Just home from Port Alberni. Great day with Camptramp,HDX and Jim F. Did a car show,hauled a few loads,had lunch together,hauled a few more loads,pulled a couple trucks back on their wheels,then found some parked and abandoned trucks. Wow. Need a nap now and too freaking hot. Great people!

HDX

You two left in the nick of time HUGE FOREST FIRE out at Sproat Lake. Good thing the two Martin Mars Water Bombers are right there !!!! OH I forgot BC Government wont use them!! Don't know too much other than watching it grow FAST. The wind is coming up and fanning things along at an alarming rate. We drove over to other side of town (Walmart) area and you can watch it clear as can be. VERY INTERESTING. AND you are right It was a great day Thanks both of you

dirty4fun

Sounds like a fun day, and darn it I missed it. Hope the forest fire is controlled real soon, could be a long summer if it stays hot and dry, there.

Blk prince

Occupation
Only thing sweeter than having Mars parked below local fire,would be seeing government paying others to spray the Mars in event of fire damage.

VIPMedia

The Hawaii Mars will be flying in two week from now, For other reasons.[video=youtube;r52xeh5JwHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r52xeh5JwHk[/video]

VIPMedia

Whats the GPS of the fire, Just right click on google maps,and a box will open up, Click whats here and the GPS will show up
Here is a video I filmed a few years ago.
[video=youtube;wug90cngexY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wug90cngexY[/video]