• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

v2203 kubota/bobcat 335 fuel issue

tnc110

08 bobcat 335 with kubota v2203 engine.
machine is starving for fuel. I replaced the fuel filter, filled fuel filter with diesel 911, replaced lift pump. still fuel starved...or so it seams. if I squeeze the fuel primer bulb while it it running it clears up for a few seconds. removing fuel line and squeezing primer bulb ,fuel flows freely.

as soon as I replaced the lift pump the machine ran great for 5 minutes or so then fuel starvation slowly came back.

not sure if the engine temp is a factor.
maybe cam that runs lift pump is worm?

any ideas?

Rob Gunn

I would take a look at the pickup tube in the tank. It may be clogged at the screened end. I had my John Deere 997 mower do this last year. The tank had black tar diesel fungus and it clogged my intake in the tank. I drained the tank, rinsed it out with solvent 2-3 times, replaced the pickup tube, refiled with fresh diesel. I also added a extra inline filter just past the tank that I can replace every year or so.
upload_2021-9-9_13-49-34.png