• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

USA>Mexico>Belize

cderekbower

I want to get an excavator down to Belize. I may be able to settle for one that is only 8'6" wide.
What kind of difficulties can I expect at 8' 6'' width?
Will it be much more expensive and problematic if my excavator is larger?

quantum500

I've seen bigger down there. They are gonna really nail you for duties when you cross the border. If you could get a boat ride in you may be able to bypass the duties and a lot of the BS going on in mexico.

cderekbower

I've seen bigger down there. They are gonna really nail you for duties when you cross the border. If you could get a boat ride in you may be able to bypass the duties and a lot of the BS going on in mexico.

Thanks for the advice. I just want to pay a shipper to do this for me. I hope to avoid all of the BS whether it is by using a cargo ship or taking it over land. I just want the cheapest solution. A friend of mine ships to Belize from Tampa even though he lives in Jacksonville. I have no problem with using a cargo ship if it won't cost more.