• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

US Army Caterpillar Deuce

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
The first thing I thought of was EIMCO :eek:
:cool:

Attachments

• eimco 103m.jpg
    eimco 103m.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,340

sheepfoot

deuce dozer

I would like to comment on this machine, it does work well and is fast, years ago late 1980's case had the T5 echo dozer that was built for the marine corps, this dozer mc1150e had the loader engine from the 1155e, cab,bradon winch,along with a inside c frame,power angle tilt, there was around 300+ built and shiped all around. nc had at least 100, ca had around 100, the rest on floats, crisp storage, they also could be flown by chopper/ plane, used to build roads/gun placements, fox hole ditches , and winching needs, they were slow compared to the new deuce and had to be hauled due to the nato deployment speeds, but were great machines many still in use, some are being sold to the surplus and to public sector. This is the same with the early 580's the m/c had, replaced by the unimog with the smith loader,case 580e style backhoe, dirt/rock bucket, auger,full stanley hyd tool package, fast road speeds, and whats next!!!!!!!!!! ride control will allow backhoe's and loader's to travel at the new road speeds, would be nice to drive your machine at 55 mph, boss will have to provide the windsheild now.

alco

Man, if they didn't require an EUC, I'd bid on them just because....damn.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah that would be a handy machine for doing trim work and even pulling discs and sheepsfoot packers, and maybe even smaller sized scrapers. You wouldn't need a lowbed for short distance moves across pavement. John Deere has something similar with an articulated chassis that's suppose to be for "high speed dozer grading" http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/high_speed_dozer/764hsd_features.html

I've seen farmers put 6-way dozer blades on Challengers before and use them for light dozing work and snow plowing kinda like these ones.
http://www.degelman.com/index.php?p=7900 Series

It would be nice if they could make an excavator with a DEUCE undercarriage, it would be nice to combine the flotation of a track machine with the mobility of a wheeled machine. Any way pretty cool dozer any way you look at it.

ontrac

I going to bid, I have a euc on file and wish I had seen this before I bought my 850k although that cat 3126 is a junk engine.

upnover

Occupation
Consultant
I cant believe the prices the US government paid for this and some of the other equipment they have on the auction block. I guess being a vendor to the government could be a lucrative business. Interesting to know what it will go for.

kmfcap

These are $ 85000 (not $362000...that's for 4 of them) machines when new and apparently won't start....buyer beware.

alco

These are $ 85000 (not $362000...that's for 4 of them) machines when new and apparently won't start....buyer beware.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that for a second. It doesn't help that your math doesn't add up either.

Does anyone know how much they ended up going for?

D6c10K

Looked a few days ago and G/L had pulled the auctions....they do that sometimes...either they decided not to sell or another agency wanted them.

kmfcap

When they were up you could click on the NSN number and see the prices paid by the gvmnt......They ranged from 84G and change to 89G and change. Hope they come back.

alco

If you look at the value of the contracts they were bought under, then figure a cost per machine bought on each contract, it is a whole lot higher than the price you are quoting.

danregan

Occupation
Contractor
DSC01157.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

heres some pics of i saw in Baghdad in 08.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hope they've got some good a/c in those things, and visibility has gotta be pretty challenging but at least the operator has some protection. I remember hearing about the Canadian's in Afghanistan losing a few operators because they were accidentally digging up uxo's, mines, and ied's.