1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Union contract to vote on

Discussion in 'Personnel' started by skyking1, Jun 19, 2021.

1. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

It looks good this go around, it will be my last. ~4% increases in wages and ~3% to pension each year for 3 years.

2. Steve Favia

Steve Favia Well-Known Member

Retired local 150 Operating Engineer
    Sounds good,we just got a new contract,local150,don’t know the details,plenty of work especially road work this year!Being retired hopefully all the active members have a good season,keep our pensions sound!

3. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

We went on strike in Seattle to get the last contract. Looks like the AGC wanted none of that.

Tinkerer and DMiller like this.
  4. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Cheap "old" Geezer
    Local I worked under at the power station IUOE is taking a pasting, On Site Steward does not want to make waves, Business Rep does not want confrontation with employers so benefits are reducing and wages essentially stagnant since two years after I retired.

Old hands are retiring at a blistering pace where the employer is looking to extend the early out age, going to a points system and trying to convert to a Cash Balance Retirement instead of Pension for those still working. Percentages they are talking for early retiree's is ridiculous low until reach full SSI rate age(Over 66 for nearly all) where then can only attain a 7-12 year annuity for the money in the account. Insurance is being eradicated as to company expenses moving to Employee Expense.