• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Uniform Rental

Old Doug

A employee quit about 6 years ago . He turned in his uniforms . The company has several employees but only two work in a shop and have uniforms . Some how they found out they had been steal paying for the last 6 years for the ex employees uniforms . They have 4 stores and get i know rugs and i think dust mops for them. The rental company said they are not going to refund any of the money.

Tugger2

Most outfits are happy to take the money. When you catch them on a mistake like that its near impossible to get a refund. In our busy days we missed being charged for rental on an extra bulk pack of oxygen for the shop,it went on for about 4 years to the tune of 4500$.It took time to prove it to them thru my wifes well kept records and they offered us a couple of full Acetylenes as compensation.Even thier delivery driver who had looked after our account throughout that time verified that we were right.My offer to them was to split the value of the error and we would take the amount in product ,which they would still recover profit from. Theres no reasoning with the headless monsters out there.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
It seems like every big outfit I’ve been at were paying for bottles long lost or stolen. Bottles are the hardest thing to keep track of. The AP dept, just keeps writing the check and the shop keeps ordering bottles

Cmark

Here in Australia, the big gas companies now track the individual bottles using barcodes. If you try to return an empty and it doesn't show as belonging to you or your company account, they won't accept it.

Old Doug

Its wrong but i bet nothing comes out of it. I think i would take them to small claims court.

Old Doug

Small claims i dont think you need a lawyer? I think its around $5000.00 . I think the company has a Lawyer it would steal cost . Another time someone gets away with something.