• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Uneven tire wear

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Inadvertently found the problem and it can be summed up in one word, bushings. With axles freely hanging in the air I was able to freely move the springs on the eyelet side over half in and one of the bolts moved easily too.A92547BE-7F00-42B8-A896-03279103D2C4.jpegAD54FF93-CED4-4E92-9EFB-020A975663E8.jpeg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
That will do it
Appears standard parts
Any trailer supply shop will carry

I use Etrailer with decent results
Find the bad puck?

mitch504

Redneck trailer supply is usually cheaper than etrailer, and they have a warehouse much nearer to you than etrailer.

Just a disclaimer, I am a dealer for them, but they are good to deal with direct. If you have any trouble Id'ing what you need, I'll get you to take a few measurements and I can give you part numbers.

Last edited:

mitch504

Redneck has warehouses in Sikeston, and Springfield Missouri. Caldwell Idaho is probably the closest to Spud.

Springfield is the corporate HQ, and central distribution center

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Of all the bushings that came with all the axles that Rockwell makes and without measuring as I will do tomorrow, the axles I have, have rubber bushings and the others are all nylon which narrows it down to one part number 91413 which cross references to A8129 which Etrailer and Redneck don't have. Only place I found them was here
https://www.standardaxle.ca/product/bushing-spring-10k-16k-rubber-2/
This is where I found my information
https://www.rockwellamerican.com/sites/default/files/catalog/B-Suspensions.pdf
Screenshot_2020-11-30 B-Suspensions pdf.png

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Apparently etrailer.com has my brakes and the bushings, they use the old part numbers, they will price match where I found them cheaper after I buy from them and will be here by Friday or Saturday.

mitch504

Yeah, Rockwell American trailer axles are hard to get parts for by the numbers. I thought you had said it had Dexters. They are not affiliated with the Rockwell of old, they are a chinese owned company that used to be Polar Axle. It's funny though, they are such close copies of Dexter that all the brakes and hubs at least interchange, but neither one wants to admit it. You have to do it all by dimensions. I know some suspension parts will work that way too, but I haven't done much RA suspension work.

mitch504

I got curious and went in by the dealer portal and poked around. Redneck doesn't have that 91413 but they have a 091413 that has exactly the same dimensions. It costs you $17.99 each, and Idaho has 17 in stock. Just in case you have trouble getting them.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I got curious and went in by the dealer portal and poked around. Redneck doesn't have that 91413 but they have a 091413 that has exactly the same dimensions. It costs you $17.99 each, and Idaho has 17 in stock. Just in case you have trouble getting them.
Same problem I had with etrailer, so they are adding a 0 in there, wonder if they got the trailer brakes too, going to take a look and see what they priced at.
You are correct on Dexter interchanging I found them and came out more expensive at least from what I have seen so far or they interchange back to Al-KO parts showing up instead of Dexter or Rockwall.
Rather pay $17.99 than $24.99 for them, haven't had alcohol yet to really get researching these parts :oops: plus the trailer is 3 miles up the road, can't exactly walk outside and run a measurement or anything.
Screenshot_2020-11-30 lit-775-00al_cross_reference pdf.png

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
That's a half ased Redneck company, have half the parts a trailer axle will need. Found brakes for one side but not the other side what did they do use them for wind chimes in their trailer park. :confused:

Last edited:

mitch504

Believe it or not, RA has a warehouse 60 miles from me, I used to buy from them wholesale when they were Polar. Now that they are RA, they want a mortgage on my first born child and a pint of blood for a deposit to set me up as a dealer, and refuse to sell to me otherwise.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Believe it or not, RA has a warehouse 60 miles from me, I used to buy from them wholesale when they were Polar. Now that they are RA, they want a mortgage on my first born child and a pint of blood for a deposit to set me up as a dealer, and refuse to sell to me otherwise.
Well I never heard of them till I bought this trailer and now after seeing what I have seen on this website I found what their acronym stands for on PJ trailers Piece of Junk trailer. There is a dealer around Portland for RA but I'm sure they want the same for their parts from me. If this trailer were to be used as daily hauler for such distances I would toss the axles and put some Dexters on with better spring system.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
https://shop.redneck-trailer.com/p-1933-al-ko-12-14in-9-12k-lh-elec-drum-brake-k23-528-00.aspx

complete loaded backing plate left hand side, your cost $281.

They have the parts of it in Redline aftermarket, but not complete assembly
Need whole assembly for the RH side minus backing plate and they don't have it. It's okay I found a set of Rockwell's themselves exact replacement for $379 a pair on Ebay right down to matching wire color.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Ro...638074&hash=item4413b51fd6:g:vMoAAOSwImRYGluF
Now I just need to find the short in the brake wires or wherever it may be since the brake controller is going nuts with the code. Some reason my meter zeros out on every wire in the junction box on the trailer with the rig disconnected. I put the negative lead on the ground on the trailer and positive lead on every wire and it zeros it out on every wire yet when I apply 12V to lights it doesn't activate the anything but the light I put it on. Though I do get nothing when I apply it to the brakes, they don't move. I must be missing something due to stress :confused:

Last edited:

mitch504

The brakes won't move when you apply power. Power turns the electromagnet on, the magnet tries to grab the drum and the rotation of the drum moves the shoes.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Welp I measured the ohms two were out of spec, one hit 4 ohms other 0.2 and two of them hit 3.6 which is good. As for the bushings I will let the picture do the talking.282DEA17-54D7-4A22-AB12-F376D2BF4104.jpeg