• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Underside of engine bolt and spring

Ernest Solano

Hello, I’m visiting my dad in New Mexico, who lives on a ranch and fixes his own stuff. Ok, he asked me to put this bolt with spring back and he could do it if he was strong enough. After many attempts, cuts and scrapes I can’t get it in either. Please do not kill me for this question, but do we even need this spring, cause without the spring we can put the bolt back.

Attachments

• 9F2343C9-CB1C-4B7B-9E75-B0D7D2E3617C.jpeg
    9F2343C9-CB1C-4B7B-9E75-B0D7D2E3617C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 593680E9-2658-4D05-8CDC-01BC4F320AE5.jpeg
    593680E9-2658-4D05-8CDC-01BC4F320AE5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 64

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Oh’ my. What are you working on? Is that the oil pump pressure regulator? I think you’ll trash your engine if you leave that spring out.

What are you ranching in NM? Have any cows? What are their names?

Ernest Solano

Coadust and Tyler, I appreciate you both for your help. And we just call it the ranch. He has one horse, dogs and 9 acres waiting for me to move out here to help him. He has a Thomas Protough 2200

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
What did your Dad name the horse?
You should consider getting a cow. Maybe some rabbits.

Delmer

Assuming you have the parts to put it back together correctly. I'd use a socket and an extension, then a prybar or wedge to get that held close to start the threads. If the socket is too deep to hold the threads out to engage, then put another nut or spacers inside the socket to hold that fitting to the end. Start those threads by hand, only use the leverage to help hold it in place, so you don't cross thread it.

Ernest Solano

Thank you Delmar I actually tried that yesterday with the socket because it was too deep, but now we’re thinking we should let someone who is a professional have a look at it and fix it so we don’t make things worse!

joe--h

Here's a picture of what you're looking for, does not look like a ball so maybe it's still up in the hole. #030

upload_2023-1-4_22-15-43.png
From here-----> https://www.scribd.com/document/442208302/Kubota-V3300-Engine-Part-List-2007-pdf

If the valve is still in the hole, you need something in the socket holding the plug out far enough to have some threads showing.

Why did your father take this apart? No offense, but if he can't figure out how to get it back in he probably should not be playing mechanic.

Joe H