• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

undercarriage ??'s for D31

JimInOz

Thanks again QT,
It's good to get advice from the guys who work this stuff every day.
Some of the local salesmen might be better off selling tupperware...

Jim

monkey

well started pulling the undercarriage apart. Quick thanks to QuickTrax for the great prices and service :notworthy

Anyway got the shoes off, I'm thinking that was the easy part :(

Since I have new chains, I'm guessing the quickest way to get the old ones off is just cut through a link with a torch ?? What do you guys do with the old chains....scrap yard :confused:

After the chains are off, gonna tackle the carriers and rollers. Any good advice on getting the bolts out.....the head of the bolts are severely pitted/corroded. Looks like a socket may not even get a good grip on them. Don't really want to end up with a bunch of gnarled up bolt heads and end up torching them off and then try and drill out the rest of the bolt :(

my new stuff :cool:

Attachments

• dozer 001.jpg
    dozer 001.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:

monkey

got the chains off, just cut them with a torch, and got all the rollers off.

3/4 impact wouldn't break loose a lot of the roller bolts, ended up having to heat the bolts up with a torch and then hitting them with the impact. Only had one twist the head off, after removing the roller though was able to put a stud remover on the exposed part and turn it out.

All in all it wasn't to bad.
Just waiting to find out more about the carrier rollers, seems to be some confusion at my Komatsu dealer

JimInOz

Monkey,
The CARRIER ROLLER assembly number on the D31S-16 is:
113-30-00011 or 113-30-00010.

I'm currently looking for Final Drive parts for my 16 series loader.
PM me if you know of any being wrecked.

Jim

Attachments

• Final Drive Job Sept 10 (20) (Small).JPG
    Final Drive Job Sept 10 (20) (Small).JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 549
  • Final Drive Job Sept 10 (24) (Small).JPG
    Final Drive Job Sept 10 (24) (Small).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 456

monkey

thanks

The parts guy is trying to find me an aftermarket assembly........not having much luck

I'll look around for you :)

JimInOz

There are a few aftermarket makers of D31 undercarriage...Italian,Korean & Chinese.It shouldn't be hard to find a supplier,so maybe there are very few sitting in stock locally.
Darin (on the Komatsu D21 topic) might be of help.

Jim

monkey

yeah I got everything else aftermarket....just seems to be a problem with the carrier rollers. Trying to get the whole assembly that is a direct replacement seems to be the problem :beatsme