• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Uh...walking hoe into a drained pond? Also need a tracked dump truck!

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
The other ruber tire option is a Bergmann and can be rented from Stone equipment. Fully loaded it has about 14 psi of ground pressure hauling 15 tons of material. Not always do you need a track truck for soft ground. Our truck will do 80-85% of what a track truck will do and faster, less operating expense.

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
You are correct. It will dump left, right or rear. The operators seat also rotates to allow you to drive in and drive out of tight places easily. One project the 3 way would be handy would be interstate work and trying to maneuver between jersey barriers.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
It took us two long days to get that dragline out. Had to build a solid road out to it, since the levee it was on was rotten. Then it took a second day of digging, lifting, and pulling to finally get it out. I wish I had photos of the two 4600 Manitowocs and the Lorain they dumped in to the pond just 4 months earlier. However, I had not arrived at the site yet at that time.
Jeff

Queenslander

I haven’t seen wheel loaders mentioned in this thread but they are commonly used for cleaning dams here.
Given that most dams are used for long term water storage and built in water tight clay, you usually find a hard floor eventually.
It is essential to build a suitable incline in the parent material and keep it dry.
With this one we were tipping the mud past the bank and pushing it away with a dozer.
EBB779F7-592E-404A-AE3E-D36FF92260F2.jpeg A426B5B2-CD04-4167-8F44-E46F102FEE2D.jpeg 62F3B084-0F3C-4FD4-B0BB-040C7A05240E.jpeg