• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

turfblazer intro suggestions for my airport brooms for sale

turfblazer

Occupation
semi retired drainage ,site work , eq operator.
i didnt realize that forsale was a pm message thing so i takeing a shot this is a way to make it happen in a way thats ok with the forum moderators .
us snow plow operators sometimes come with a few loose nuts like the truck drivers do !
getting old sucks !!!
i guess i,am thinking if there was a question i answered for one person i wouldnt need to answer it again for another. i compleately new to this forum stuff so please bear with me.
by the way these machines new were like $400k6853763f6155edd82a0ddeae91b41dba.jpg1cc6e26334f5cc4e6d75a77a449b3df8.jpgKIMG0024 (2).jpg

Last edited:

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Kinda seems a shame for those almost New trucks to be used for
anything but what they were designed to do.
I'd hate to even take the broom off that beautiful Beast.
By the way; where does the blower discharge?
I wonder if they have machines as cool as those at
the airport's in Fairbanks or Anchorage?
Maybe you should call them.

turfblazer

Occupation
your right fix !! especially when they really dont need much $$$ to be put into them. the 1 only needs new broom wafers and its fully functionable , the other one has new wafers just need to switch them around!!! but i dont think many of us own a airport???
the blower has directional nozzles that drop down on both sides of unit and can be controlled to air blast left or right pending on which way you angle broom , they are not really just meant for snow they are for debris sand,grit,dirt,etc as to not get sucked into the jet engines.
gotta say a big road construction crew doing a long stretch would be done quick with one of these.
for me i was thinking big parking lots light to medium heavy snows long pushes, let the loaders stack at the ends , these would be the cats ass, but since the mild stroke i not gonna think big no more i'am gonna stay small and pull back a couple gears and just help out the younger guns coming up threw the ranks.

turfblazer

Occupation
ohh ya as far as Fairbanks or Anchorage i dont know anybody up there to call if you like to make a call feel free
i,ll make sure you get a piece of the action !!!

fixou812

Occupation
Well Turfyou asked for suggestions and I'm sure you'll get some here!
( although some of mine may be abstract )
I asked about the Compressor and the Air discharge. ...
the set me to thinking about that machine moving Product?
but what kind? Swept and blown into Windrows ....like the iron ore post i just read. (Too dusty for that)
Also don't think someone overseas' wouldn't be interested. ...
Chinese businessman bought Alot of stuff from our mills
along with The Largest Press in the World' From your fair' city Niagara Falls Ny.
It was once used to stamp Yank Tank Turrets and other parts, WW2

fixou812

Occupation
It was a Hydraulic Press and the Largest in the world
they converted it from water hydraulic to oil hydraulic.
Your Monsters look like they have a good turning radius.
As for snow sweeping can be better than blowing.
What kind of surface needs to be swept Real clean of snow?
Hospitals and Nursing homes.
For instance a broom on a skid steer is excellent for sidewalks at care facilities.

fixou812

Occupation
Hello Turf, You asked for suggestions. ...figured I'd bump this thread I'm hoping you get some.
As for selling them to a Municipality for instance in NY State (or any US State )
What's required is; " Approval by an Engineer, and 3 Bids"
I'll send you a pm in the event i should like pics specs or info.
I'd imagine you can't have them chill'n for ever!
Best regards, fixo

turfblazer

Occupation
all commercial lots have the risk of lawsuits , it just depends on how much they want to pay to have less risk, the lot owners go for the cheapest contractor ( seems like) and getting lots clean as possible is a priority around here the salt prices are so high and the less you leave the less salt you need , the key i had in mind was having a big big lot . loaders move a lot of snow with the boxes and with the rubber edges they do good on virgin snow but are kinda lousy on hardpack unless they were pre treated ( more salt) . the broom would work in all conditions ( except pure ice) . on the snows of 1/2 " to say 5" the broom would run windrow's until there was enough for the loader to take away ( big 20' box), they continue together and you end up with almost zero snow ( even the crevices get cleaned) . if the sun was out you would,t even need salt . all conditions require different strategies .
to the blower its really for runways to get all loose debris off so jets don't suck it up!, for snow it would only work on light fluffy snow that wasn't run over and packed in . the guy i sub for now doesn't have lots big enough or enough roadways for these machines , since my health situation changed i just dont have the will power to do with these what i wanted too ,or go after large contracts myself, so wife says sell them !!!!
to be totally fair with anyone i,am really only looking to get like 10,000 for the both of them together !!!!!
they have quick connect,s so its easy to put plows on these also.
the key thing is here 5000 per machine is sure cheaper than a roughly same weighted loader $40,000.
i would guarantee anyone with a large area would save big bucks on salt and the speed. sweep 20 foot wide at 20 mph without plowing sometimes !!! huge labor and equipment wear savings.

turfblazer

Occupation
bringing to the top again. i,d really like to sell these , my health doesn't allow me to continue my interest in these brooms . drove them both last week. started right up , low range and 4 wheel drive worked fine .
10k and their both sold. 4 detroits are worth more than that !!!
716-nine nine 8 nine 2 one zero

turfblazer

Occupation
hello everyone ! bringing to top again hopefully someone new gets a interest