• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trying to get some info on this model JD

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
I could not find a model number or plate on it. Its a John Deere and has a 4cyl gas motor. From the New Milford Tractor sticker on it (I know it has to be 25+ years old)

Any help?

Attachments

• IMG00072-20090908-09021.jpg
    IMG00072-20090908-09021.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 460

bill onthehill

Just an eyeball guess I would think 40 years old. Look like pre 310 series. Did you look good along the foot plates and under the battery box areas for a metal ID plate?

pittedmess

Occupation
mechanical engineer
The B was only made in '73..my goof..The 300 from '65 up.. That grill may have been a JD option. The hood still has the same shape on the top front edge..Engine should have a serial number on the right side..may give you a range..If not you can go by casting numbers...