• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truck to equipment transition

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Trash wagons, NOTHING is worse than the Rolling five to ten year old Dumpster for EVERY home, business and Chinese/Mex/Greek restaurant for fifty miles in mid August at the CENTER of the landfill.

Beg to differ DM, been to many landfills on top of the MSW cell in the middle of Alabama August and that smell does not compare to a fridge full of food that's been sitting for a couple of months. Don't know why but I do know from experience it does.o_O

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Beg to differ DM, been to many landfills on top of the MSW cell in the middle of Alabama August and that smell does not compare to a fridge full of food that's been sitting for a couple of months. Don't know why but I do know from experience it does.o_O

Hell Pete, I smelled like that when working trucks. I used to do work for rendering plants and gut wagons. Always enjoyed welding on the bodies, smelled like BBQ:D

Trash wagons, NOTHING is worse than the Rolling five to ten year old Dumpster for EVERY home, business and Chinese/Mex/Greek restaurant for fifty miles in mid August at the CENTER of the landfill.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Got to where I could ALMOST eat a sammich while working IN a Trash Truck, not quite but close. Still remember the Porta John guy still had Blue color on fingers while reached into cab onto seat in August for the Ham and Cheese Sandwich in wax paper NO COOLER to eat that as was well past his lunch time. NOT one move to wash his hands, no consideration as to spoilage after sammich sat on his seat from 6am until 1:30pm. NUM NUM!!!

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Got to where I could ALMOST eat a sammich while working IN a Trash Truck, not quite but close. Still remember the Porta John guy still had Blue color on fingers while reached into cab onto seat in August for the Ham and Cheese Sandwich in wax paper NO COOLER to eat that as was well past his lunch time. NOT one move to wash his hands, no consideration as to spoilage after sammich sat on his seat from 6am until 1:30pm. NUM NUM!!!
Iron tummies.
My wife still makes fun of me. Shortly after we met, she caught me stirring my coffee with a screwdriver. She'd never witnessed such a thing. She figures that's probably why i don't get sick often, nothing can live in there.
And as for the warm sammich in wax paper, that's called "aged to perfection! "

Truck Shop

Iron tummies.
My wife still makes fun of me. Shortly after we met, she caught me stirring my coffee with a screwdriver. She'd never witnessed such a thing. She figures that's probably why i don't get sick often, nothing can live in there.
And as for the warm sammich in wax paper, that's called "aged to perfection! "

You left out the electrical tape for a band aid.

mekanik

Waste is never good. When I got out of high school I got a job with the municipality of a small town.
I started out pushing a lawn mower and emptying trash cans in the parks. I worked my way up to
running a front end loader. One day the guy that rode on the back of the garbage truck never showed
up for work so I was chosen to do that job for the day. We did a large residential area and then the down
town business area. Most of the restaurants had a two yard dumpster some had two. The only Chinese
restaurant in town only had one green garbage bag. I never went ate there again.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Back in the day I worked night shift at a truck shop. A front loader trash truck got towed in with a blown differential.it had been down on the coast picking up dumpsters at seafood restaurants and it was August. Hot and humid. Tech worked on it until quitting time at midnight and we went home. We closed the doors and left. Found out the next night that the smell had permeated the building and guys were tossing up breakfast. Wimps.