• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truck thieves on the loose

catfixer

Be careful guys. Former coworker parked his brand new f750 outside of a hotel in Atlanta last week, went out to start it at 5 the next morning and it was gone. Computer showed the gps disabled 3 minutes after the truck started at 1 am. Found the truck Sunday, sort of. Frame torched behind the cab, guys took the service body, welder, and all the guys tools. These guys sure knew what they were doing.

Moonlite

A few weeks ago a buddy stopped at bass pro. Came out about 30 min later his was gone. They havent found it yet.

JD955SC

Yep the professional thieves are quick and they know exactly what they are doing. Rat bastards!

lantraxco

"Frame torched behind the cab"

Wow, butchery, but it makes sense, leave the part with the serial numbers everywhere.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I had a close encounter on Saturday morning at 6:AM..
Luckily my 3 dogs heard them before I did and busted thru the "doggy door" to get to them..
The truck was still locked and all the contents intact.. BUT NOW it wont start..???

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
We had a guy walk into a hotel to check in and left his truck running(like most of us have done). A van pulled up, a guy jumped out, climbed in his truck and off they went, no word on the truck.

Delmer

I had a close encounter on Saturday morning at 6:AM..
Luckily my 3 dogs heard them before I did and busted thru the "doggy door" to get to them..
The truck was still locked and all the contents intact.. BUT NOW it wont start..???

So, which wire did they cut? alarm? neutral switch? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for five minutes and trying again? Or lock it and come back in five minutes and try it again?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Some sort of quick battery discharge..??? never seen anything like it.. seems like they discharge the battery so the alarm wont sound, do their thing and restart the car..
When I got in to crank it, the inside lites were barely burning and the key bell was barely audible..
It turned over but the discharge was so great it didn't have enough juice to fire the computer to get fire to the plugs..
I put a jump box on it and it started right up..
Its been running fine since... thought they might have fried the computer...