• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Truck Mounted Backhoe

Trashman

Occupation
Garboligist
You can buy these through GSA....they are a maintenance nightmare.

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
NCCCO Truck Mounted Backhoe (Pullshovel)Operator

:eek

Attachments

• Pullshovel.jpg
    Pullshovel.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,504

Jori

Excavator on Unimog

Old55Pete I believe the Unimog's you speak of were called the SEE which stood for Small Emplacement Excavator, pretty neat idea and I think the backhoe attachment was from the old 580's where they had to boom cylinders.
TAM do you have any more pictures of that Unimog excavator you posted?

We have mounted several excavators / backhoes on Unimog.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcinen/3447401546/

and more here:
http://www.coveston.fi/photogallery/PERUSKONESOVITUKSET_KAIVURIT/Unimog/index.html

rgodon

I remeber seeing as a kid growing up in the late 1960s early 1970s a late 60s GMC truck most likely a C30/C35 With a old JONH DEERE Backhoe On it. has anyone seen some thing like and please post pics if they have them used to be quite common to mount a backhoe on a truck

I know this thread is pretty old but if your still wondering you should check out jjkane.com. they do a lot of utility company auctions and are the only place I've ever seen them sold. they're getting harder to find because of micro excavators but you'll see them every once in a while.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I just seen this old post for the first time. UNIMOG made the loader/backhoe setup on the 406 chassis and marketed them thru Case in the U.S. As the base machine was only 10 ft long they were only geared for 40 MPH. The state of Minnesota had a bunch of them in the later 70s.

rgodon

I just seen this old post for the first time. UNIMOG made the loader/backhoe setup on the 406 chassis and marketed them thru Case in the U.S. As the base machine was only 10 ft long they were only geared for 40 MPH. The state of Minnesota had a bunch of them in the later 70s.

No these aren't unimogs they're internationals some as new as 2003 usually with a john deere hoe. I've honestly only ever sean them at the jjkane auctions in illinois indiana and michigan. midwest thing i guess

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
this thread from 2012 recently commented...

Yes, these are seen regularly/daily as the truck mounted backhoe is quite popular since they are in utility company(ies)' gas service work fleet. A notable truck body mfg in Pomona California shows this nicely on their web page.