• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trouble Shooting PC150-6k heater controls........

Silveroddo

Hey there,
anyone ever dealt with Komnatsu Dash 6 heater controlls? I cant seem to find anything in the book about it (wirring diagrams or anything) Basically nothing happens when you turn the dial, fuses are good, theres a distribution block looking thing with a resisitor wirred to somthing. I can get a pic of it but if you've dealt with them you've probably seen it behind the seat. Just trying to figure out how its supposed to work in general so I can trpuble shoot it.
Thanks

heymccall

On my PC-128UU-2, when the hot/cold no longer works, it is failure of the hot water valve, and, every time, condensation from the AC has wicked into the hot water valve motor board, effectively shorting the motor. Komatsu is awfully proud of that little valve, at $400 a pop.

What is your exact problem?
Does the blower work?
Does the AC compressor engage?

Silveroddo

The machine is Non A/C, which changes some of the controls I believe, theres 3 cables that operate a valve on the collant line and the ducting flaps. The issue I've got is nothing happens when I turn the fan speed knob. I see a resitor and some type of distribtion "bar" behind the seat. one terminal of this bar appears to have been damaged so I thought I ordered it but what showed up was the resistor and I cant find this thing in the parts book, I think it relates to the electric motor speed, but I cant find a wirring diagram in the book for it to figure out how its supposed to work. fuses are good. I'll try and get a pic of it so you can see what I'm talking about.
thanks for the reply!